WE DID IT SENSATES!

Thank you all for your support during these last weeks!

❤️

Don't forget, We're ALL a WE

over 500000 people

signed the petition

more than 800 e-mails

sent to Netflix

Join the Discord Chat

Critic Reviews for Sense8 Season 2:

Sophie Mayer
Sense8 channels the fantasy of post-racial globalism that condemned the Wachowskis’ adaptation of Cloud Atlas to ridicule, but pairs it with the more hard-nosed anti-capitalist critique of the first Matrix film.
Sophie MayerSight and Sound
David Sims
This nakedly political show somehow manages to be free-spirited, rather than dull or polemical; its good intentions often border on goofy naiveté in a way that’s charming rather than grating.
David SimsThe Atlantic
Mitchel Broussard
One of the most intriguing and sincere sci-fi mythologies returns in Sense8’s second season, which never for a second loses sight of the aching humanity pulsing away at the center of the show’s breakneck adventure.
Mitchel Broussard We Got This Covered
Todd VanDerWerff

I’m more accepting of the show’s eccentricities and rough spots, more willing to follow it over the cliff of cheesy dialogue and baffling character beats, simply because I love having a show this open-hearted, yet still boasting this many car chases.

Todd VanDerWerffVox
Poppy-Jay Palmer

Very rarely does a TV series come along that just loves existing as much as Sense8 does.

Poppy-Jay PalmerSciFiNow
Deborah Krieger

[It’s] one of those shows in which the only way to enjoy it is jumping in wholeheartedly and accepting that it’s going to be cheesy and ridiculous. If you don’t keep that in mind, then you won’t be able to appreciate its charms, of which there are many.

Deborah KriegerPopMatters

Now, you say something:

127 replies
« Older CommentsNewer Comments »
  1. No one will remember if we are good men or bad. Only that few stood against many
    No one will remember if we are good men or bad. Only that few stood against many says:

1. NBC RENEWED TIMELESS AFTER FAN REQUESTS WHY CAN’T NETFLIX DO THE SAME???
    2. Netflix released a statement –> they expected us to stop sooner, in only a week we made such an impact they couldn’t ignore us. In this statement they claim to have “thought about it” what does that even mean when no cast and crew were contacted
    3. Netflix livechat employees are now responding with a copy-paste officially approved statement (you can push by asking the right questions) –> they even developed an internal protocol to answer to us fans
    4. Netflix is a huge corporation –> it will not kneel so easily in just a week, we have to stick to it for much longer
    5. Netflix cannot divulge the reasons for cancelling (it will be unprofessional) or sell the show to a competitor –> so the best solution is just a season 3 or a movie for closure
    6. Netflix has The Crown (the most expensive show ever, and it is about BRITISH MONARCHY), while cancelling The Get Down (equally expensive) and renewing a bunch of low quality series (like 13reasonswhy) –> WHY couldn’t they allocate their budget on Sense8 instead of cancelling as well? WHY not contact the cast & crew to make it cheaper? WHY not ask the fans for more support to keep it going? There were so many alternatives than cancelling
    7. Netflix did a terrible job at marketing –> I hadn’t even heard of the show until this fuss began about cancellation, meaning the fans did a better job at promoting Sense8 than Netflix.. Also, OITNB (which is amazing) is campaigned for Pride month hmmmm WHY couldn’t Sense8 be?
    8. Netflix disrespected artists like the Wachowskis, McTeigue, Tywker, Straczynski & cast, especially since they delivered a visual product of masterful shooting and editing
    9. Netflix should be concerned with its public image. As a company, aside from profit it should also consider social responsibility. They promote shows about self-centered narrow-minded kids that use suicide as revenge and axe shows that promote inclusion and diversity.. What kind of message is that supposed to be? Should Netflix just reflect the sad reality of today’s viewers or ALSO, AT THE SAME TIME invest a little bit at shaping the better, more open-minded and mature viewers of tomorrow? Even if the profit is not AS great, the reward is totally worth it
    10. KEEP CALLING AND TEXTING, THEIR STOCKS ARE DOWN WE ARE HAVING AN IMPACT (everyone on Twitter, I SEE YOU, KEEP UP, I LIVECHAT NON STOP ALL DAY LONG)

• No one will remember if we are good men or bad. Only that few stood against many

+ everyone just CANCEL NETFLIX and let them know why

Finally, not having an ending does not make sense for future audiences to watch, so by doing this they are completely wasting all the money they invested.. Not to mention they acquired Sense8 rights AFTER season1, why do this if you can’t afford it and then cancel???

And Netflix HAS picked up shows in the past, like Fuller House and Gilmore Girls, it’s not so hard to do ;ppp

• As long as we are together, I know that there is nothing we can't do
      As long as we are together, I know that there is nothing we can't do says:

You’re so right ! As you pointed out, there are lots of things that don’t add up about the cancellation. They blame it on viewership, but it doesn’t make sense since they did like nothing to promote the show, and it was cancelled less than one month after season 2 was released. I don’t know what was behind this decision (and I guess we’ll never know, even if in the end the show gets renewed), but there is definitely something shady about it. They said they “can’t” renew it, (whereas there was to our knowledge no attempt of negotiation with the creators, which suggests that the problem is internal to Netflix) but this message was clearly meant to shut us up and discourage us, and that’s why we need to keep up the fight more than ever, but I am afraid that it did quieten us a bit, but I don’t have twitter, are the people keeping the hashtags renewsense8 and appraciation day up ? Because now is when the fight on the long run starts, it’s not because BPOflix told us no once that it’s over !

• There is no spoon
        There is no spoon says:

Yes they are! You can check out twitter even if you’re not a member! 😉 let you twitter guys know we livechat non stop 🙂 keep up

2. As long as we are together, I know that there is nothing we can't do
    As long as we are together, I know that there is nothing we can't do says:

One of the things that really annoy me is that I found Netflix’s answer so not up to everything we have done during the past week ? I mean, a petition that was signed by more than 480k people EXPLICITLY asked for an explanation on why the show was canceled, and all we got was “(we tried) to make it work but unfortunately we can’t”. Sorry Netflix, but that’s not a valid explanation. If it’s because it’s too expensive, just say it. At least be honest. Please stop with your hypocritical “#SensatesForever” and bear the consequences of your actions.
    Even if we know now that the reason for the cancellation is that not enough people watched it compared to how much it costs to produce, I don’t know about you, but I personally can’t recall seeing that anywhere in a Netflix official statement, I just know it because Brian J. Smith (Will) said that’s what he was told. Netflix knows cancelling Sense8 is wrong, but numbers are just more important…
    All of this just makes me so sad. Viewership being the reason is frustrating enough, but the worst is that they didn’t even give the show a chance, because they cancelled it less than one month after the releasing of Season 2… (without forgetting the fact the show was released in May, which is a time of exams or finishing up projects for a lot of people, who didn’t necessarily have the time to watch it just when it came out).

In his message, Brian tells us that this fight, even if we didn’t win it, already means so much, and that we can “rest easy”.
    No. We can’t. We have to keep this fight up. We can’t let the system define our lives. We have to defy the system.
    We have to prove that what is said in Sense8 is true. We have to prove that if we put our forces together, we can make a difference.
    Let’s get this done. Let’s get Sense8 a season 3.

3. Gabriella DeRossi
    Gabriella DeRossi says:

Sorry, but I’m not sorry for how long this is about to be because Sense8 is worth it:
    Honestly, this is the best show that I have had the pleasure and honor of watching. It is the only show that has made it worth it for me to keep my Netflix account. Sense8 is beautiful in story, direction, script and production. Why on earth Netflix would decide to cancel a show like this; when the world could use a show based on acceptance, love, empathy and connectivity, is beyond me and I am truly shocked that they would cancel it. I’ll admit that upon hearing of its cancelation yesterday had me in tears until I saw the petitions that are being created on a GLOBAL level to try to save the show for at least another season. I am hoping and praying to the gods, and who ever has the final say, that they will give this show a decent fighting chance to gather more of a fan base/following (then it already has); and I have a feeling it will accumulate given at least another season (but as a loyal fan, of course I wish for more than one).
    This show is teaching the world about love and to not only accept our differences, but to appreciate them because you never know what another person may be capable of at any given moment (whether creating a fake ID, to help another person tap into their emotions or talk about how to deal with a difficult situation). Each and every single character in this show, despite where they come from, their ethnicity, socio-economic class, gender, sexual orientation, their occupational status…Every. Single. One. Of. Them (even the supporting characters) has something to bring to the table and for this show to be filmed in such a way that their talents are apparent, shows an equality among the cast the likes that have not been seen before; and that is an extraordinary thing to bare witness to. It is transcending.
    Again, I hope, wish and pray with everything in me, that Sense8 will get a third season; and not just for the fact that it has been left on such a jaw-dropping, heart-stopping cliff hanger; but because it is as I stated before…the world needs a show like this right now and I hope the creators, cast, crew, and all who work on Sense8, get the chance to continue with it.

4. The flat screen takes you out
    The flat screen takes you out says:

A. Netflix did a terrible job at promotion and try to blame it on us viewers

B. Can we please talk about how disrespectful they were to LEGENDS of filmmaking like the Wachowski sisters, Straczynski, Tykwer & McTeigue??? These people are true artists and standing between them and their creation is unacceptable. The Wachowski sisters are the most influential directors of their generation, even the century..

5. terry
    terry says:

Guys don’t get disheartened by Netflix’s earlier statement that they can’t renew sense8.
    They are saying that to shut us up and they are acknowledging the noise have made.
    we need to keep up the heat!

• The flat screen takes you out
      The flat screen takes you out says:

Yes guys we need to keep fighting tirelessly!!!!!!!!!!
      Will never gave up on any of them, how can we?

6. FearNeverFixedAnything
    FearNeverFixedAnything says:

Netflix should be concerned with its public image. As a company, aside from profit it should also consider social responsibility. They promote shows about self-centered narrow-minded kids that use suicide as revenge and axe shows that promote inclusion and diversity.. What kind of message is that supposed to be? Saddest part is, even the public seems to have this preference.. Should Netflix just reflect the sad reality of today’s viewers or ALSO, AT THE SAME TIME invest a little bit at shaping the better, more open-minded and mature viewers of today? Even if the profit is not AS great, the reward is totally worth it. Where do you stand, Netflix?

7. I AM WE
    I AM WE says:

I am a privileged white girl. I never had to worry about clean water, there were no people of color at my school and my best friend was not LGBTQ. Thanks to my wonderful family and friends, I always knew how to love and accept all these people, but I could never really SEE them. Because, how could I? They were not part of my life.
    You know what has always been part of my life? ART. And if there is one thing I believe in, that is art’s power to bring people together. I believe in its power to spread a message and set people’s hearts on fire, to keep the world spinning with the hope of tomorrow. Art is the foundation of my faith in humanity.
    So when a TVshow like Sense8 came along, out of pure respect for the absolutely amazing work of the Wachowski sisters and the incredibly talented cast, I watched. Its message will resonate forever: NO MATTER HOW DIFFERENT WE ARE, WE ARE ALL HUMAN. We can all feel love, fear, hate, sorrow, hope, no matter if we live in India or Korea or Kenya or Berlin or Chicago or London or San Francisco, no matter if we are computer geeks or DJs or police officers or bus drivers or businesswomen or fighters or pharmacologists, no matter if we are straight, gay, bi or trans.
    Sense8 made a difference in people like me: it made us hear your voice and join you. It made me love the people I couldn’t understand, it made me want to fight for what I believe in, but mostly it gave me hope that we can survive the harsh reality of today by staying united. So I know it can do the same to others.
    And now, “I want everyone to know that I SEE you. I believe in you. And, as long as we’re together, I know that there’s nothing we can’t do”. WE ARE ALL SENSATES. And we fight for our cluster: RENEW SENSE8.

I AM WE

• The flat screen takes you out
      The flat screen takes you out says:

It is so great that Sense8 has achieved its goal of making one huge cluster out of us 🙂 I am really proud to watch the fandom fight for what they believe in all these days, it gives me courage to keep fighting and calling! “Courage. It’s contagious”.
      As BrianJSmith said, the fans are the best finale Sense8 could ask for 🙂
      Keep sharing your stories and show how Sense8 changed your world 🙂

I knew of a homophobic person that started watching Sense8 for the sci fi. A year later, he’s marching at Pride. Shows like that do have an impact.

8. We forget so much more than we remember
    We forget so much more than we remember says:

Aaaaand

7. We need more press! Blog about it, use your contacts etc 😉

• FearNeverFixedAnything
      FearNeverFixedAnything says:

Can we talk about how rude Netflix has been towards the fans, the actors and the producers? It never gave Sense8 a chance, since the cancellation was announced right after the airing of season 2 episodes.. How could they know the public’s response to these episodes? There was also no forewarning so the fans never got the chance to fight for the show, or the writers to provide a decent closure.. And finally, we have been trying so hard to be heard all these days and have not even been dignified with a response.. Even one like “We couldn’t afford it, we understand, we are sorry”. Where is your respect for the consumers Netflix..?

9. We forget so much more than we remember
    We forget so much more than we remember says:

PLEASE PROMOTE THIS IN TWITTER AND FACEBOOK:

Guys thank you so much for this amazing initiative!

Everyone PLEASE don’t forget:

1. help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest
    (You can do it multiple times so the sky’s the limit) 😉
    2. Netflix Facebook page, where you can directly message them and spam all posts with relevant hasthtags #renewsense8 etc.
    3. Make some noise in Youtube by #commenting on all sense8 clips!
    4. The twitter campaign is super important, keep in track #AppreciationDay and #ChoiceSciFiTVShow #TeenChoice
    5. Of course operation flip flop, tribute videos, phonecall/livechat/dear-netflix, the petition and everything else mentioned in this beautiful site!

Our voices are being heard, as evident in unofficial statements of Netflix employees, however in the last few days things are beggining to calm down again.. It is really important to keep this up for quite some time..! Please keep fighting for our cluster and what we believe in!
    I AM WE

-I see you. I believe in you. And, as long as we’re together, I know that there’s nothing we can’t do.

• FearNeverFixedAnything
      FearNeverFixedAnything says:

Hahaha omg I livechat with Netflix every 2 hours and use help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest all the time… Check out twitter and facebook it’s hilarious how fans respond to netflix. BEST FANDOM EVER, so touching and inspiring.. Be tireless and brave and remember: “Your life is either defined by the system, or by the way you defy the system”.
      Also please be polite and respect the representatives on Netflix.. They are just trying to do their job and help. Remember Sense8 message about love and unity 🙂

10. Wilfred Nord
    Wilfred Nord says:

In an age of amazing shows Sense8 still stands out to me as the greatest current (or I guess formerly current) show. Every part of the production is on another level!
    It’s expensive to make but after 2 seasons and the global impact that it has had, to me it seems that it at least deserves a nice final bow to make it a complete package.
    Let’s do what we can to make this a reality!!!

11. Shawn
    Shawn says:

I have never been so strongly affected and moved by a show. Even as much as firefly was an amazing show to me and how its tragic end STILL resonates with many of us and it’s effect on pop culture is resounding. … it pales in comparison to the Heart breaking impact that losing sense8 has given me.

Firefly was a damn fine show with amazing lovable characters and a plot that was going places. It was the quality of writing I wish I could see in all the stuff on tv.

Sense8 takes it to a new level. Everything was turned up to 11. It unapologetically shows you the raw truth and holds nothing back in grabbing ahold of your heart strings and making the kind of music that makes you cry and laugh and jump for joy. The triumphs of one character are not just their triumphs. The others of the cluster feel it too. And when you watch these people feel for others. Emotionally connected, you can’t help but become emotionally connected too. Empathy works by replicating what we see and we are being show an idealized heightened form of empathy. Willing suspension of disbelief is SO strong that you are there with these actors on screen like nothing I’ve ever seen. And then…. the writers show you the strength of diversity. They bridge gaps and demonstrate how love of eachother and the celebration of our differences, NOT our similarities is where true strength comes from… there’s so much good here, an incredible message that is empowering and encouraging to be a part of. …

Firefly never came close to that and I loved that show.

I will do everything I can to get this show going again. And I won’t stop. As long as it’s within the realm of possibility, the world needs it. Needs it now, with our cultural climate more than ever.

Once you’ve had the best… the best is what you want. I didn’t know I needed this in my life until it was.

#renewsense8

12. Meli ch.
    Meli ch. says:

I rarely loved a show as much as I loved sense 8… and I watched a LOT,… sense 8 has everything I need and expect of a great serie and it being cancel is heartbreaking. They dared to do something different, they created something amazing !! to cancel it after 2 seasons is just too sad…
    In sense 8 you can find action, love, mystery, suspence, an amazing plot, 7 different culture, all LGBT reprensentation, what else do you need…. really it is a condense of everything you need to watch !
    seriously, I am ready for netflix to cancel house of cards, orange is the bew black and my new baby the designated survivor, if they bring back sense 8…

#bringbacksense8

13. Will
    Will says:

I have honestly never loved a show more than I’ve loved Sense8. Witnessing people from all over the world, from so many different walks of life, come together and fight for each other is one of the most beautiful things that I’ve ever seen. Sense8 provides inclusiveness, representation, and hope in an increasingly cynical and scary world. The loss of this show would be a tragedy for so many people, and we cannot sit by and let that happen.
    #renewSense8.

• Shawn
      Shawn says:

Firefly never came close to that and I loved that show.

#renewsense8

• Li Bing
      Li Bing says:

Love Sense8 very much.The background music,the sense,the actor and actress,everything in the show,I love them more than other shows I watched.So I ask for the show back,please.

14. José Chaparro
    José Chaparro says:

Paso 1. Inscribirse y pagar la mensualidad en Netflix.
    Paso 2. Agréguen sense8 a su lista✔
    Paso 3. Pulgar arriba 👍
    Paso 4. Hacer una reseña a favor de la serie, resaltando todos sus valores. 📝
    Paso 5. Volver a ver la serie. Si eres su nuevo, que sense8 sea tu primera serie.
    Paso 6. Llamar y chatear con servicio al servicio al cliente de Netflix usando el código que proporcionan ellos (es necesario estar inscrito). Y si pide más temporadas de sense8.
    Paso 7. En tus redes sociales, firma las peticiones y postea #renewsense8 #BringbackSense8 #netflixlovessense8.
    Paso 8. Ayuda a Netflix y a los sense8 a denunciar los portales ilegales que han pirateado la serie. (creo que la piratería fue idea de Whispers).

« Older CommentsNewer Comments »

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!